Fostering Music Education
in Manhattan Beach, CA
MB Music Coalition seeks to support the music faculty, staff, parents and students of Manhattan Beach Unified School District at all grade levels. We endeavor to foster an environment in which all students of all backgrounds are able to experience meaningful and quality expression through the core music curriculum. Learn more.
The Mira Costa Tri-M Music Honor Society Welcome Reception – January 22nd, by invitation only.
- MBMS Choir Showcases Visual and Voice TalentUnder the direction of Choir Director Mark McCormick, and accompanied by pianist Gordon Glor, the students of MBMS’ Ocean Wave Chorale combined their visual arts acumen with their vocal talents to bring this exceptional performance of “In Winter”. Standing ovation … Read More
- Costa Bands & Guard Share Winter ConcertThe Mira Costa Bands & Colorguard presented the community with a stunning remote concert on December 23rd. Featuring all concert ensembles – Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, Wind Symphony and Jazz Band – as well as the Marching Band and Colorguard’s … Read More
- Chamber Orchestra Brings the Holiday CheerUnder the direction of Peter Park, the Mira Costa Chamber Orchestra shared holiday cheer and the gift of music in their delightful rendition of “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.” Congratulations to the students on this wonderful performance!
- MCHS Choir Program Shares Winter ConcertOn Monday, December 14th, friends, family and fans of the MCHS Choir Program enjoyed a moving and memorable remote concert. Under the direction of Mark McCormick, the Concert featured MC Chorale, Choral Union, Vocal Ensemble and Coterie. Congratulations to the … Read More
- Congratulations Reflections Art Contest Honorees!Congratulations to music students Jack Kwon and Ethan Nahlinder for receiving Awards of Excellence, and Charlotte Kwon for receiving an Award of Merit, in the 2020 Reflections Art Contest! Jack Kwon participated in the Music Composition category, Ethan Nahlinder in … Read More