Fostering Music Education
in Manhattan Beach, CA
MB Music Coalition seeks to support the music faculty, staff, parents and students of Manhattan Beach Unified School District at all grade levels. We endeavor to foster an environment in which all students of all backgrounds are able to experience meaningful and quality expression through the core music curriculum. Learn more.
- Congratulations to the 2020-21 SCSBOA Honor Band Members!Our congratulations goes out to the 2020-21 SCSBOA Honor Band Members! Mira Costa SCSBOA Honor Band Members: Dylan Davidoff Trevor King Congratulations to the Elementary SCSBOA Honor Band Applicants! Chace B. – Grand View Elementary – Percussion London B. – Pacific Elementary … Read More
- Costa Choir Students Shine in Classroom ProjectThe innate love of music held by Costa seniors Paige Pickett and Kieran Malik is evident in this gorgeous rendition of “Desert Song.” Born out of a classroom assignment to “so something creative,” these two choir students truly delivered! https://www.facebook.com/100022813834416/videos/882322592538194/
- MBMS Choir Showcases Visual and Voice TalentUnder the direction of Choir Director Mark McCormick, and accompanied by pianist Gordon Glor, the students of MBMS’ Ocean Wave Chorale combined their visual arts acumen with their vocal talents to bring this exceptional performance of “In Winter”. Standing ovation … Read More
- Costa Band students selected for 2020-21 CASMEC All-State Honor Band!Three cheers for this year’s CASMEC All-State Honor Band members! CONGRATULATIONS to this year’s members of the CASMEC’s (California all-state music education conference) All-State Honor Band. These students were selected from a pool of more than 2500 applicants!Brandon BuiDylan DavidoffTrevor … Read More
- Costa Bands & Guard Share Winter ConcertThe Mira Costa Bands & Colorguard presented the community with a stunning remote concert on December 23rd. Featuring all concert ensembles – Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, Wind Symphony and Jazz Band – as well as the Marching Band and Colorguard’s … Read More
Richard Gill on the Value of Music Education
Please watch this delightful video from TEDxSydney on the Value of Music Education.
“Structures on which other structures have been imposed. This is the creative process. This is the process which starts with an idea which comes from the imagination. The musical imagination. And when the musical imagination is ignited in a group circumstances we have the most extraordinary power to change lives with music and to involve people in music. And it should start with very, very, very young children.” ~Richard Gill
Music “is the right of every child no matter where and no matter what the circumstance. Every child, I believe, should have access to properly taught music in the hands of a properly taught teacher.” ~ Richard Gill