- Congratulations to the 2020-21 SCSBOA Honor Band Members!
Our congratulations goes out to the 2020-21 SCSBOA Honor Band Members!
Mira Costa SCSBOA Honor Band Members:
- Dylan Davidoff
- Trevor King
Congratulations to the Elementary SCSBOA Honor Band Applicants!
- Chace B. – Grand View Elementary – Percussion
- London B. – Pacific Elementary – Trumpet
- Maddox C. – Robinson Elementary – Euphonium
- Talia C. – Grand View Elementary – Clarinet
- Talia F. – Grand View Elementary – Trombone
- Mia G. – Grand View Elementary – Clarinet
- Cameron G. – Pacific Elementary – Alto Saxophone
- Cary G. – Pacific Elementary – Trumpet
- Luke H. – Robinson Elementary – Euphonium
- Leyla K. – Meadows Elementary – Flute
- Hunter K. – Pennekamp Elementary – Trumpet
- Charlotte K. – Robinson Elementary – Flute
- Kilan L. – Meadows Elementary – Mallets
- Zoran M. – Pennekamp Elementary – Alto Saxophone
- Nicholas O. – Pacific Elementary – Percussion
- Wesley R. – Pennekamp Elementary – Trumpet
- Chloe S. – Grand View Elementary – Flute
- Ava S. – Pacific Elementary – Flute
- Bruce U. – Meadows Elementary – Trumpet
- Elliot W. – Grand View Elementary – Tuba
- Costa Choir Students Shine in Classroom Project
The innate love of music held by Costa seniors Paige Pickett and Kieran Malik is evident in this gorgeous rendition of “Desert Song.” Born out of a classroom assignment to “so something creative,” these two choir students truly delivered!
- MBMS Choir Showcases Visual and Voice Talent
Under the direction of Choir Director Mark McCormick, and accompanied by pianist Gordon Glor, the students of MBMS’ Ocean Wave Chorale combined their visual arts acumen with their vocal talents to bring this exceptional performance of “In Winter”. Standing ovation to the students on this superb and innovative performance!
- Costa Band students selected for 2020-21 CASMEC All-State Honor Band!
Three cheers for this year’s CASMEC All-State Honor Band members!
CONGRATULATIONS to this year’s members of the CASMEC’s (California all-state music education conference) All-State Honor Band. These students were selected from a pool of more than 2500 applicants!
- Costa Bands & Guard Share Winter Concert
The Mira Costa Bands & Colorguard presented the community with a stunning remote concert on December 23rd. Featuring all concert ensembles – Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, Wind Symphony and Jazz Band – as well as the Marching Band and Colorguard’s virtual performance of their fall show, next LEVEL, the Winter Concert was a tour de force by Band Director Joel Carlson. Congratulations to the students on their amazing performances!